Residential Heat Pump Case Study
Scope of Work
Our client required a replacement for an aging 35 year old electric forced air furnace. The old heating system was to be replaced with a new heat pump and air handler. While their main goal was to upgrade to a new reliable system, a more energy efficient solution was a considerable deciding factor in the installation. A quote was provided with a number of options and heat pump models, the client ultimately chose to go with the Amana heat pump.
Westisle Supplied and Installed:
- Amana ASZC16 2.5 Ton Heat Pump along with R-410A Refrigerant with a Two-Stage Copeland High-Efficiency Compressor.
- Amana AVPTC 2.5 Ton Heating/Cooling Air Hander with a DC ECM Variable Speed Blower
- Amana 10 KW Back-Up Heat Kit
- Honeywell VisionPRO 8000 Thermostat
- TECA Certified Ductwork Modifications
- Refrigeration Piping
- Condensate Pump & Drain Line
- Outdoor pad
- And removed and recycled the old electric furnace.
Our client estimates, that in the first 12 months of running the heat pump the total savings over the old forced air furnace amounted to $962.36. In the higher demand winter months, savings were considerable, but they actually saw costs increase in some summer months when they chose to take advantage of the Air Conditioning, which was something they did not have previously.
“I only have great things to say about the team at Westisle and the entire process around the installation of this heat pump. Not only was all of the staff very friendly and professional, the quality of the installation exceeded expectations. I was certain that the installation would require the addition of a bulkhead in our basement, but they were able to find a work around and avoid the unsightly bulkhead!
At the end of the day, we now have a system that not only provides a more comfortable and reliable heat, but one that is also saving us on our monthly Hydro bill. Having A/C in the summer is a nice added bonus. I would not hesitate to recommend Westisle to anyone looking for any HVAC work.”
– Scott Van Achte, Comox BC