Also known as mini-splits, ductless heat pumps provide the same heating and air conditioning as a ducted heat pump but it does not require ductwork. The system is composed of three main components — an indoor unit(s), an outdoor compressor unit and a remote control.
All ductless systems are connected by refrigerant lines and can be mounted on the wall or in the ceiling.
Since there is no ductwork to install, it’s easy to add Mitsubishi’s reliable heating and air conditioning to any home, in any room desired. It’s an economical and efficient option for homes without an existing ducted system or when adding ductwork may be impractical or too expensive. With systems that can have up to 8 indoor units, your entire home can now be heated and cooled. Ductless split heat pump systems are a perfect retrofit to homes that use baseboard heating because the system can save a homeowner 60% off the baseboard heating costs. At those rates, it takes only 2 – 5 years to pay off the installation cost.
- Specially designed air vents efficiently reduce the operating sound to provide quiet comfort. The indoor and outdoor units are nearly inaudible.
- Provides temporary high-speed operation to reach your desired temperature quickly.
- Sleep mode function: Based on a set sleeping time, the temperature can automatically rise or fall to maintain comfort in the room while you sleep, saving energy in the process.
- The fan runs when the heating or cooling is stopped to prevent bacteria from forming. The unique catechin filter, made from an additive extracted from natural green tea, provides long-lasting sterilization and removes up to 95% of potentially harmful bacteria.
- Anti-cold design: Air is pre-heated during heating operation to prevent blowing cold air directly to the room.
- You set the time for the unit to operate automatically when you want.
- Wireless remote control
- Each indoor unit is controlled with a wireless remote control (purchased separately) so you can easily control your system from anywhere in the room. The ‘I feel’ function (with specific models) enables the system to sense temperature at the remote control, rather than at a thermostat.
- In case of power loss, the system will restart in the previous operation mode without the need to reset the system.
We were very pleased with all aspects of the work done – the initial inspection of the old system by Kyle, the replacing of our heat pump system and the changing of the return air duct in the living room. The work done by Millstone Sheet Metal Ltd. and by your technician Dustin was excellent. The limited height of our crawl space added to the difficulty of the task but they persevered and got the job done and left the area in a clean and tidy condition. Westisle technical and office staff continue to give us excellent service.
I appreciated how prompt Westisle was. They phoned quickly with a quote. They found exactly the same unit and the price was under what I had been expecting. They showed up the day promised and the work was done very satisfactorily. I would be happy to recommend them to others.
We also wanted to say how happy we are with everything you have done. Me and Dean were talking the other night and doing the whole,”ok, so who was the best contractor we had to deal with during this house build and who was the worst”. Well, we both agreed Westisle were the best contractor to deal with. Nothing was too much trouble. You guys were always there to help and you always managed to fit us in when we needed you to do something, even on short notice. We are so happy we used your services and would most definitely recommend you to anyone who asks. If you need us for references then we would be happy to do that too.
So a big thank you from both of us 🙂